Why do I keep getting the error message that media_plugin_quicktime has failed?

deltacity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting the error message media_plugin_quicktime has failed whenever I try to use a tv that tries to play a quicktime file. I've uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime and then rebooted my computer andcleared the cache of catznip, which is the viewer I use, but I still get that error message. How do I fix this and what's going on? 

3 answers to this question

It's not just Catznip. I'm having this same issue on all the viewers, from LL's viewrs to Firestorm. Like you I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime. All sl plugins are "allowed" on firewall/anti-virus. I usually use Firestorm, but because of their lack of response on this issue, I've been trying other viewers...and ALL of the newer viewers have this issue but not with everyone, oddly enough. I'm starting to think it's related to whatever server we happen to be logged in on, because I have the same issue on my desktop as well, which is a completely different operating system and set up. Media slowly started to fail about a month or so ago and by playing with it i could usually get it working at first. Now it won't work at all.

Maybe LL shouldn't swing their bat so hard when they are busy breaking features for other viewers. They broke several of their OWN features in the process. This is only one that i've noticed.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.