I am a premium member and I no longer have my house...what happened??

KelZSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a premium member and I had a free house on the first day and after the second day of logging in it said "I no longer have a house" or that I had moved away or something like that. I never recalled moving away because I even bought furniture and stuff to go in it. What happened and how do I get my house back??

2 answers to this question

If you are asking for your Linden Home, go to your Dashboard (secondlife.com) and see Land Manager > My Mianland. The location of your Linden Home will be there.

But if your are asking about a house you rezzed in smome land you don't own (a sandbox), your house will have been returned to your inventory (you can read about Sandboxes searching the Knowledge Base). You must own or rent land in order to place objects permanently.

In any case, I'm doing just conjecture.

As far as I know, the only way to loose your Linden Home is to Abandon it using the About Land menu.  First thing you should do is go to your Dashboard - Land Manager - My Mainland.  See if your home is listed there.  If it is, then you should be able to click on it and teleport there.   If it is not, then you should seriously consider that maybe someone has your password and logged in to your account.  You will need to decide how serious a situation that might be and act accordingly.  Changing your password would be the obvious first step.

--Cinn

ETA:  Irene makes a good point.  You didn't actually say your home was a Linden Home! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.