Problems uploading meshes

CapCat Ragu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

I'm getting started with mesh avatars and having lots of trouble uploading.

I'm exporting the mesh from maya, everything looks ok there, everything moves as it shoulds. I used a SL skeleton, with all the bonnes. 

When uploading I get Skin Weights checkbox and Joint Positions checkbox. All seems ok. When I rez the avatar the mesh looks fine (you can see it in the background of the picture), but when I wear it, it looks like this:

Snapshot_001.jpg

What am I doing wrong? Please help me!

Ty

CapCat

Looks like you have the wrong axis set to up in Maya.  In Maya Y is the default for up and down.  In SL Z is up and down.  Try setting Z for up and down in Maya.  Of course you will have to rotate the skeleton after you set Z for up and down.  You will also probably have to Freeze Transformations for both your mesh and your skeleton and delete history for both and re-skin your mesh to your skeleton.  You can save your skin weights before you delete history of your mesh and then load them again once you have your mesh and skeleton rotated.

How to change Z up axis in Maya: (Window, Settings/Preferences, Preferences, Settings, World Coordinate System, Z and save)

You might get lucky and just have to open your DAE file in a word processor and change the Y up axis to Z manually and then just save the file.  Just make sure you don't save it as a TXT file that it is saved as a DAE file.

You might also have the skeleton facing the wrong way.  That may be why I can see his butt in the distorted figure.

I hope that helps. :)

But I have world coordinate system in Z!!! And the sekeleton facing X. 

When I import my mesh from ZBrush it comes lying down, I turn the mesh and don't touch the skeleton.... 

I freeze transformations for both the mesh and the skeleton, then I delete history, I uncheck "remove unused influences" in Smooth Bind Options. I smooth bind. Then I export. I use the OpenCollada plugin. It gives me a 1.4.1 version, I tried uploading that, I've got the result in the picture, I also tried opening the DAE in TextEdit and change to 1.4.0, but when I upload I've got exactly the same results.

Could it be the export options?

Thank you for answering 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.