Is there a way to disable the hard-landing animation?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there.

So you fall out of the sky and it's the one time you've forgotten to pack your parachute. Typical. You splat hard against the ground, then get up and dust yourself down. My question is: Is there a way to completely disable this animation? I should state I don't want a different animation; what I'd like is no landing animation whatsoever, so I can go from falling to walking instantaneously.

Rummaging around on the net I've found a script which is supposed to achieve this, but here's the next problem: I know nothing about scripts and can't get it to work. What I assume you do is copy it, open a new script, paste it, save it, put it in a prim then wear the prim, yes? It doesn't work for me; I still hit the ground hard. Am I doing something wrong?

Failing this, is this something that could be achieved using a different viewer? Thinking about it I may have read something along these lines a couple of years ago.

Thanks for any help.

1 answer to this question

You could wear an animation overrider.  If it comes with a "hard landing" animation, edit the AO to use a normal standing animation as the hard landing one.  The instructions that came with your AO should explain how to edit it to use animations other than the "stock" ones it came with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.