PowerPC Macs?

loverboy Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Sorry, no.Second Life 1.23.5 was the last one running on Power PC and is not available for download anymore. Third party viewers have also removed the .bin downloads. All downloads now are .dmg files that will only run on Intel based Macs. Unless you can find someone who kept the old 1.23 installer and could pass it on to you, you are out of luck and wont be able to run SL on your eMac. (I am still using this old version when I am at work because I have a power PC there. I will check on Monday if I kept the installer in my downloads archives and come back to you).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Old_versions

Hi again Loverboy, I finally found a link to a third party viewer with dowloads for PPC Macs. You may try that also I'm not familiar with this version. Hope it works for you.

Choose THIS download (it a zip file):

Restrained Love Viewer for MAC OS X Version 1.23 - SL 1.23.5   for i386 and PPC. Posted on 04/30/10

http://www.erestraint.com/realrestraint/

• Like 1

I own a powerbook G4, and I use the old version of sl viewer now. I largely prefered the Cool Viewer, but I deleted it by mistake.. ( yea yea .. like a dork..  sighs..) now I am back with the usual sl viewer and I can't find any viewer that work on Power PC anymore.. I will check if I have the basic sl installer still .. or if it went with the batch of stuff I accidentally deleted..  terrrrible mistake I did. :o)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.