Anti Aliasing and other problem [PLEASE READ]

upupnaway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I set my Anti Aliasing to 2x, it's set as 16x and nothing can change it otherwise.

Even if I change the settings in the catalyst control center (I have an ATI / AMD card) it's override by the viewer.

I'm using Firestorm but I've used the regular viewer as well and had the same problem.

Another problem which I'm sure there's an easy fix is that for items with their own physics like hair it moves much more choppy than my actual character, I haven't logged on in months and it wasn't that way before.

I don't know if anyone else has contacted you regarding this issue, but this is what I know.  Something in the new render engine (that the Mesh-enabled viewers of all flavours have) causes the viewer  .exe file to be ignored by the GPU and that is true for ATI and nVidia cards.

I have an nVidia card and I have the self-same issue.  One thing I DO know is that although the viewer setting says x16. it is NOT x16.

Now, I struggled for a while to get control of the application in the nVidia Control Centre but I did eventually succeed, and the "Application Controlled" text became bold.  I'm still not convinced that the application is controlling the graphics settings, and I also know that the Firestorm devs are aware of the problem.  I suspect this is a problem that the Linden Lab folk need to fix, so I'm not holding my breath!

I think there are a number of areas in which the render engine has changed and I'm sure that flexi-prim behaviour is one of them, but again it is not fixable by the user (to my knowledge).

Possibly new GPU drivers will improve this situation in due course, but it is clear to me that the rendering of Mesh has had its effects on client-side operations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.