3DCoat Experts with workflow Advice?

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks so much Bouttime for all your effort in explaining how to use Zbrush more fully.  I have always wanted to use Zbrus more but got frustrated with Zbrush's terrible terminology like calling a model a TOOL and switching into a mode of polygon vs not. 

Your posting still had no line breaks so I had to copy it into word to read it :) 

A few points from your posting....

1. WOW I didnt know that Zbrush has recently released a direct Collada export plugin.  I thought the only plugin was from shinylife and often I get errors from that tool.... likely the way I am using it.  I really must go find this new plugin.  What is the name of this new plugin?
  2. I never heard of Zaplink either!  This sounds exciting too. 
  3. Your steps are for a tool I initialy liked and very very well explained.  I will need time to go through your steps and see how the results work.

I will post back later to tell you how it goes.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INVALUABLE ADVICE!!!   Where do I send the roses? 

you can get the SL plugin for zbrush here http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?93650-Second-Life-Sculpties-in-ZBrush-4-ZSculpty-Tools its referred to as a sculpty plugin but its been updated to include mesh export as well. trust me buddy, zbrush only gives the impression its difficult to learn but if you hang in with it you will discover it is the most easiest yet very powerful 3d program out there. let us know how you make out.

ok i have installed that long time ago.... even with zbrush 3.  I now have zbrush 4 and that transition screwed up a lot of my workflow.  Got errors on the prims entering that plug in - always seemed to be a complication.  BUT that was more with sculpties and Z4.  I have not tried mesh as i gave up on it for the most part except that I like zbrush's UV MASTER.

The Zaplink sounds really interesting as I want to learn how to get a crisp clear sharp good rezzed texture for a mesh into SL.  I have only had moderate success.

and u r right... someone needs to sit down with Zbrush team and tell them to re-term most of their tool to terms that make sense.  Its like they said.... "if the industry calls this a Gadget... lets call it a Shovel"  Dont know what they were thinking.

I will update you when i try it.

Thanks again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.