Is there an official second life app for mobile devices?

sontelio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Non official but approved:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Pocket Metaverse and Sparkle IM for iPhone and iPad

Client Mobile Grid for all Android powered devices.

Please note that you will have limited functions. You will be able to send IMs, chat, see who's online, see the world map and some other basic features, but you won't be able to see the graphics. SL is too demanding for mobiles or tablets.

Edited to add: you must have a valid and registered iTunes account if you want to run Pocket Metaverse or Sparkle on Apple mobile devices. If you use an iPad or an iPhone, it is recommended to connect your device (via USB) to a Mac to do a proper synchronization.

• Like 1

I believe that Sparkle IM either no longer exists or is not available in North America. I just did research in this via my iPhone since I can't go on the computer right now. Has anyone actually dled it recently? Have found no proof online via forums or comments, everyone is actually wondering about Sparkle IM LOL. Metaverse has bad reviews and when I used the free version of that app it kept crashing so I don't wana pay 5 bucks for it. This makes me surprised no one else has made a chat client for iPhones... Makes me want to try lol.

• Like 1

I'll try not to be as condescending as peter.  there is an iphone app called pocket metaverse that basically lets you view the IM's and local chat that's going on but you won't be able to see the actual world. unfortunately it's so buggy it's not really worth looking at.  it apparently crashes constantly and doesn't take advantage of the iphone multi tasking ability so when you switch to a different app, it logs you out.  would be nice to have some sort of app that allows you to at the ver least communicate to other in worlders through ims though.  i don't see that to be too far fetched, especially in today's smart phones which are capable of a lot more than what peter suggests.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.