Blender exporting issues - resolved!

Chantelle Ashdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

- was a silly error on my part! - 

Hello, when I try to export meshes from version 2.49b it fails and I get the whole python error check console etc.

When I export from 2.6, the left arm of the mesh is fine, but the rest is screwed, this is slightly improved by the SL exporter addon, though not entirely.

The thing is, it's only happeneing to certain models, and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong. I was working on a dress, it was fine, then I work on it some more and suddenly it will not export.  Same goes for another. 

If anyone could help me, maybe take a look at the files? I'd appreciate it a lot, I'm really stuck here!. If you would be so kind, please ignore the modelling xD I'm just kind of finding my feet so I don't really know how to model efficiently yet, but I'm trying :) Though if you see something painfully wrong, tips are appreciated !

- Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm talking rigged meshes here, I've not encountered a problem with static meshes thus far. 

The python error on 2.49 indicates that you have some materials assigned to your mesh, which actually do not exist. I never found out how to get into this situation, but the workaround is to delete all material indexes from your mesh and then add agian only those material indexes you realy want.

for 2.61: Have you used SL Collada-1-11 for export ? If so, then please can you publish your blend file for inspection ? Or send it to me if you prefer ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.