Question about shifting ground textures??

dogmouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Is there a way stop my sand/grass texture from shifting around on the surface of my sim?

when I log in to my sim, I see that there are some grassy blotches intermixed with the sand textures. Looks great, but, when I leave and then come back, the grass/sand texture has shifted so that the grassy blotches are in a different place than they were before.  

Anyone have a fix, or a solution to this strange texture "drift" issue?

Appreciated,

~Mouse

p.s. I notice that on my sim, in my four texture slots for the ground, I have:

1. sand, 2. sand, 3. grass, and 4. rock.

Nope. The Viewers all include a slight amount of randomization for exactly where the divisions appear between the four possible terrain textures. In any sim where a fairly flat surface of terrain is close to a transition point, the visibility of one terrain texture or the other, or how they mix, will shift at random with every login.

The only way to eliminate that shift is to use only one terrain texture at all altitudes in a sim.

• Like 1

One other note: If you're only worried about your own sim, you can sometimes increase the lower terrain height limit a few more meters, which adjusts the rough transition between textures 1 and 2, to move the sand from the beach higher up what should be a grassy slope at the edge of the beach, for example. It makes the slope look worse, but may get rid of the 'grass mixed with sand' that is common when a sand to grass transition is close to the height of the beach.

Thanks Ceera!  I understand what you're suggesting, but Im having a terrible time understanding the low/high designations for each texture and how they blend with the next one.

Ive read the little tool tip explanation about how the high and the low settings are set up, but either my dyslexia is kicking in, or it just seems so backwards to me that i've given up on understanding how each of the four textures blends with the others.

I wish there were some visual graph that showed what the textures are doing or how they are blending. I do better with pictures.  :-)

thanks again for your suggestion, though.

~mouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.