Using CTRL+Shift+U to Remove UI Does Not Remove All UI

Jewle Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Using the latest edition of Official SL Viewer (64-Bit Windows 7 Professional), I  attempted to remove all UI with the CTRL+Shift+U keyboard shortcut but it doesn't remove everything, most importantly sound waves from avatar talking. Please take a look at http://twitpic.com/881w43 to see example. When we used CTRL+Fn+F1 to remove UI, the sound waves were gone as well as the other icons noted in my Twitpic shot. Is there another keyboard shortcut for them or newer workaround with this latest viewer release?

Jewle Rae wrote:

CTRL+H opens and closes "Nearby Chat window" but doesn't remove any UI elements. Also tried CTRL+ALT+1 - Found unanswered JIRA from November 
at 

Ah, sorry.

Try Alt Shft H to hide huds (that's what I was thinking of).

Ctrl Alt F1 to hide the UI, including the stand button.

I also toggled off the check mark in front of "UI" under the Advanced > Rendering Features > UI tab. While that removed everything immeditely, there was no way to get the UI back, using CTRL+Shift+U, CTRL+Alt+F1 or CTRL+Alt+Fn+F1. Couldn't even exit the program, only option was to bring up the task manager and force program closure. My operating system is Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit install, nothing different than before install of latest edition of Official SL Viewer. 

Then something is wrong with your human interface.

Since the check mark worked for you and me and the ctrl alt F1 works for me and not you, then we can narrow it down to your ctrl alt F1 not working, for whatever reason.

Try a different keyboard, if you have access to one, or try airing off yours if you don't. Test those 3 buttons in a different program to see if maybe they are not functioning due to faulty equipment or some setting.

Are you on a laptop, cause I don't see a fn button on my keyboard. Does toggling the FN button do anything? Like, press the FN button, try Ctrl Alt F1. If nothing, press FN again and try Ctrl Alt F1. 

I know on my laptop sometimes I press the fn button on accident and it makes my keyboard keys act in a different way.

Well, that's a shame, cause I am on windows 7 and using the latest sl viewer and that is not happening to me.

Keep asking, perhaps someone else has had this same issue.

Maybe you had a bad installation? It would be extreme, but I suppose you could try reinstalling, although that's pretty intense and you would need to completely uninstall first.

If you want, you could file a support ticket, because what you are experiencing is not the expected behavior of the 3.2.5

Thanks for your help. You're right, of course. I am a premium member so I should send a support ticket in, especially since the same issue is happening on two separate laptops running the same software. I've reloaded the software on both as well. Perplexing to say the least.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.