is avatar.blend bugged ?

Miranda Umino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had some issues in exporting an avatar  : some attachement points were not at the right place after to have exported .

But it was only some attachment points ; i ve tried so in exporting the default avatar without change  ; but i had the same issues .

In looking the blender file i have noticed in the blender file , the bones were at the right place but the empty control points as right hip , forearm and many others were at a wrong place .

For instance , in my blender window view , i see the pelvis upper as stomach , the right hip and left hip as high as the knees

I have compared  the bones with the avatar_skeleton.xml file in he folder  C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer\character and the attchement points with the avatar_lad.xml file in the same folder ;

and i ve found no differences between the bones and the avatar_skeleton file but many differences with the attachments and the avatar_lad file 

Have you noticed too the same problems ?

Is there a fix ? 

I believe that avatar.blend was once the initial step towards a complete solution for character cloth design and character animation. avatar.blend is functional and works perfectly for cloth design, and today also partially for mesh cloth creations and character creation. The used skeleton (the armature) and the used weight maps are generated from the Second Life viewer data files. So they should be exact.

All further implementation of planned features (animation, attachment point support) has been stopped about 3 years ago in favor of Primstar-1 which was by far more important at that time. To my knowledge attachment points in particular have not been an issue until mesh appeared last year. So avatar.blend got into a long sleep until about 7 months ago.

And today we have "Avastar", a tool for character cloth design and character Animation. Avastar is allready available, but still in beta state. Attachment point support in particular is planned. So the fix should become available shortly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.