Desperate to get back online to SL but cant get SL to run!

Duran Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI,

Have been trying for months to reload SL and get online but it loads up the app and when i log in it simply dissapears and i dont get into SL. Crazy cos I can get logged in via the SL web page.

I am running Win 7 on a 18 month old laptop which has run SL in the past, anyone got any ideas?

thanks

duran devin

Are you trying to use Firestorm? That happens to me on one of my computers when using Firestorm. My other computer is fine. Apparently there is some memory issue with Firestorm. Try a different viewer. See if you can get online with a different viewer. If it IS Firestorm and you CAN get on with a different viewer then join the inworld group for their support. I think there's some fix you can do. Even if it's not Firestorm I suggest trying a different viewer just to see if you can at least get on and then troubleshooting from there.

total uninstall of everything sl related usually fix it

can use the free version of ccleaner to do that http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

best to use the registry cleaning tool in ccleaner as well after u done a full uninstall of everything including any sl officials and tpvs. is heaps of sl-related artifacts in ur windows registry that the uninstallers not remove

then reboot, dl the official sl viewer and install that. once u got that running properly and u can login ok then look at install other tpvs after that

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.