Teleport problem on all Macs since change to U-verse.

BJ Gearbox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 MacBook Pros and an iMac all have same problem after moving to uverse. I can get in but once I try to teleport it takes an excessive amount of time and logs me out with only an option to quit or chat. Previously had DSL with AT&T with no trouble. Using SL viewer because of streaming media. The Macs are less than a year old. I was going to try changing open ports but the listing on SL site looked old enough to be fro an earlier version of SL Viewer.

Funny the MacBook Pros work fine if I go to my nearest AT&T hotspot @ Starbucks... and my Dell i7 desktop works fine with the Uverse at home. Are there any other things to check besides ports on the firewall in the modem?

I've spent hours with AT&T support. Over 6 hours in one evening alone (at least 7 different "helper" and no one has any understanding of SL, modems, or firewalls).

3 answers to this question

After a great deal of searching, it is DEFINITELY a problem with Uverse and SL...and it only effects the Mac.   In other words, the same modem will work perfectly on the same Mac running Windows with Bootcamp.  

I have no idea where to start with solving their problem, and definitely don't have the hours to spend solving THEIR problem.  Linden Labs should be discussing it with them, because chances are, many Mac users (like me) just aren't going to use SL until I hear they noticed the problem and fixed it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.