Laptop Spec Advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI, i am looking for some advice, im thinking about buying a new laptop and see one in my price range.

I'm not looking to be able to run on ultra settings, just to be able to run on better than he lowest setting that i run just now.

Specs are below:

HP Pavilion g6-1220sa 15.6" Laptop

Processor: AMD A8-3500M  (2MB L2 cache)

Operating System: Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit RAM 6GB

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6620G Discreet-Class

Screen type: 39.6 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED BrightView Display

Screen resolution: (1366 x 768)

Screen Size: 15.6

Screen Features: High-Definition LED BrightView Display (1366 x 768)

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Kiara

It should run SL at mid to, maybe, high setting........but keep shadows disabled and your draw distance reasonable (256 meters is going to give your card some fits).  The only other bit of caution I have is that on the CPU graphics chipset.  I seems all laptops are coming out with the CPU graphics chipsets built into them.........a battery saving feature.  The CPU is supposed to sense when higher graphics demands are in order and automatically switch from the on CPU graphics to the discreete card.  I hear way too many reports that the auto-switching doesn't take place all the time..........especially with OpenGL rendering programs like SL.  The problem may have been addressed by the chip makers but it's something to think about............the 3500M won't run SL well at all (that's if even will run).

Your discreete card is an entry level gaming card.....not a very high performing card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.