Building with mesh question...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have very basic building in SL abilities.. mostly I buy the kits off the marketplace and build those.. Ive never made a sculpt of my own and wouldnt have a clue how to do it. ANYHOO.. I just bought my very first MESH kit, a fireplace... and dont have the slightest idea what to do with it.. Apparently theres 4 parts.. Base, Columns, Pillars and Rails and Platforms.. And each of those 4 things has a UV map, texture map and shadow map.. and thats all thats in the box aside from a sample object.. I take it its not as easy as dragging a sculpt map onto the sculped prim?? I tried creating a sculpted prim then dragged each of the textures onto it and all different combinations and nothing resembled a fireplace lol.. Im using the newest Firestorm viewer. Any help is appreciated!

A mesh object works completely different than a sculpt. The UV map (which is really a template) and the shadow map are a starting point for textures other than the one in the package I think. The "samples" you have are the objects you will have to work with. In other words, your name will never be in the creators panel. If you want that, you need to buy DAE models.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.