Can someone make me a custom dress?

ShadeaVenomy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I havent learned how to build clothes yet so I was wondering if someone could make me a one of a kind custom dress just for me. It will be used to help act out part of a book my friend has written and if we like this dress it could lead to further business. Please contact me or my friend Rosa Firecloak inworld for the details. Once again this must be an exclusive dress not to be used by anyone else.

If the dress is shaped like a House or a Boat, I might be able to make it. :smileytongue:

If you haven't yet placed an Ad in the Wanted Category here at the Forum or Inworld in the Classifieds in Search, you could try that. Creators who are looking for a new projects may have a better chance of noticing that you have work.

Searching Market Place or Inworld Stores for a dress maker who is already making clothing with the fabrics, colors, themes and or styles for the part you will be playing, could be a method of finding a creator. 

When viewing dresses, write down the names of the Resident creators you like, then check each creators SL Profile to see if they have a preferred method of Contact. Most Resident creators who do not want to work on Custom pieces will state that in their Profiles. If you don't see anything like that, send the Resident a message.

I've created objects for Residents because I liked the design and found it challenging. A good dressmaker will need to use their "good" textures and abilities to make a nice dress. You could consider requesting that the creation be reserved for a limited time instead of exclusive.

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for a custom dress, where you want to own the pattern and thus prevent anyone else from copying it, it is only going to work if you don't let anyone take a photo of it. See fashion is not able to be patented or copyrighted. But you can definitely delay how long before someone trys to copy it by working with a custom dress maker and not getting it photographed by the media before your big day. For example, check out http://www.laurengabrielson.com she is nyc. But there are some other custom dress makers out west as well.

Good luck with this project.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.