Bay City Land Prices

Carey Maynard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Judging from recent land auctions and actual of land for sale on the ground, I notices prices on Bay City leare a lot higher than elsewhere on mainland.  Just wondering why?  Any explanations?  And if so, what lessons are there to be learned by the lindens.  Or is this simply a temporary and passing fad with people paying today's prices likely to wake up with regrets.

Yes, but ... double the prims doesn't begin to account for the difference in prices ... for example a mainland parcel outside of Bay City of circa 1000sm can be had to in some case $1000L but inside Bay City people are asking $69,000L plus or minus. At auction today I saw people bidding $200,000L for a modest roadside parcel. 

• 2 weeks later...

A smaller lot has a lower tier bill. So even though it costs so much, in a year of ownershipt it might be cheaper.

Plus a lot of what you pay for in Bay City is the location's theme with a lot of linden made roads and builds around. You're also, frankly, getting a community.

That said you could buy in Nautilus Islands, which is also double prim, and costs vastly more than Bay City - from 3 to 10x as much, and get no community. Nor do you get ocean access (you don't in Bay City either). And you can be certain your lot will be a 1024 perfect square. You also have lower odds of the neighbors sticking to theme, since most people there don't even know the theme - as the theme is more subtle than in Bay City...

- But its up there in price anyway. I think even in SL, there are places where some people pay just to be away from regular-folks that didn't pay that...

Bay City though, easily justifies its costs once you start invesigating what's in the 'deal'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.