Firestorm Viewer Bridge problem! Very important issue..

Eliza Sandalwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. Currently I am on Firestorm Beta v2.5.2. I've been trying to update to the mesh viewer, the official release viewer of Firestorm, but each time I download it and get on in world. It says that it has failed in creating a bridge and exits out the creation process. It leaves me unable to teleport, see who is online, and see land information. This is really frustrating since I obviously need a viewer that is mesh enabled.

My operating system is Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 (Macbook). I have tried posting on JIRA but no one gives me an answer! I can't use Singularity because currently they don't support Mac. Do you know any way I can solve this? What other mesh viewers are out there for Mac?

Btw- I've tried clearing out my cache, deleting all remnants of past viewers from my hard drive. And nothing. The Bridge problem keeps happening. I have just tried the newest versions of Firestorm today. The recommended and alternative. If you can solve my dilemma your help is greatly appreciated.

*** I tried all of Griffin's suggestions including that link. And no luck. Sigh. I might have to quit sl because of this....

6 answers to this question

I'm having this same damn problem. Also a Mac User. I appear visible, and people can im- me, but I can't see their names in the tab or friendslist. My groups also haven't loaded but my inventory finally has. I'm logging in at home where I have for the past years and viewers. Why is this one the only retarded one??

Hi, Eliza. Sorry I never got back to this thread. (Even if a person is subscribed, no notification is given that the original post has been edited in Answers, and I hardly ever check back to see if it has been.)

Sorry if the suggestions given on that page didn't help and that nobody else came along to offer suggestions. Hoping you found a solution long before now, but...

Have any of you tried asking for assistance in the Phoenix/Firestorm Viewer Support group?

ETA: You can click Permalink under this post and add comments/info that way. THAT people will get notification of.

• Like 1

For 6 month I have to use Pheonix because when I try to use Firestorm or Second life Viewer, I have the same issu. I can't see my friends list (loading), I can't be teleported and when I look for something my inventory , it's  long to get all my stuff (the total amount of item is always loading). I use a MAC Mini (1.6.8). Today, because I was sure it was a bug in my computer, I bought a new one, a MACBOOK PRO (1.7.4) I tried to open Firestorm and SL viewer to be happy to play on SL with a good computer.... and it's the same F***ing problem!! I spended 1500$ for a new computer and nothing is changed! Same Issus!

I begun to think it's a incompatibility between the new kind of viewer and MAC platform; in the same time I don't know because before the V3, I didn't have any problem with the old viewers and now if I reinstal the old one, the friends list-Teleportation & my inventory continu to not work!!

I really dislike Pheonix.. I have no choice to use this because it's the only one who work!! Now I'm not often on SL like before because Firestorm miss me so much and I don't have patience to use Pheonix!

I hope someone will be able to help me!

Cath

I just solved this problem on my Linux system. Changing my hosts file allowed me to see contact lists and teleport with no problem. Side effects at this point are unknown so test away at your own risk.

The Fix

- Add an entry to your hosts file. The below worked for me today. Note if Linden labs changes their ip you will need to update your hosts file agian. You will know because the original problem will come back, other things may break too.

216.82.42.52          sim9116.agni.lindenlab.com

Site on how to edit host files

Note, Windows 7 is the same as xp but you have to copy it to another location, mod it, copy it back then hit yes to overwrite

http://practice.chatserve.com/hosts.html

Error symptoms

- Unable to create create client bridge

- Can not see names of contacts

'sim9116.agni.lindenlab.com (Could not contact DNS servers)

INFO: newview/lltexturefetch.cpp(1313) : doWork: HTTP GET failed

2012-10-06T20:01:46Z WARNING: newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(1910) : completedRaw: 499: Couldn't resolve host name : Could not resolve host: sim9116.agni.lindenlab.com

When you log in, are you on script-enabled land?

The Firestorm bridge will not be created if you are on a parcel which has scripts disabled. If this is your case, please find a parcel where scripts are enabled for you and try to create it manually:

top menu bar, Avatar → Avatar Health → Recreate LSL Bridge. .

If that doesn't work, try some of the other suggestions on this page.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.