Trying to wear Simple bot Rigged Mesh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, I'm trying to wear the simple bot rigged mesh found here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Uploading_and_wearing_a_rigged_mesh 

I tried to follow the instructions but my Inventory, Library > Body Parts > Alpha Masks folder.doesn't exist for me. 

When I attached the bot to my avatar, I looked for library folder and all there is since I am using SL viewer latest vesion on OSGrid is a bunch of opensim library folders folders example one is named bodyparts library. I thought maybe that's what the tutorial was talking about so I went htere and still nothing in there and I right click it and no bodyparts>alpha masks folders. I'm in inventory an see nothing that relates to this. Can someone help me out what am I doing wrong? lol

You can manually create an 'invisible avatar' outfit very, very, very easily.  Assuming your viewer works the same way as the standard one, do the following:

1.  In your inventory, click Add new item -> New Clothes -> New Alpha.  Name it whatever you want.

2.  Right-cilick on the new alpha you just created, and click Wear.

3.  Right click again on the alpha, and click Edit. the Editing Alpha Mask dialog will open.

4.  In the Editing Alpha Mask dialog, check the checkboxes for all five texture slots.  By default, each slot will reveive a completely transparent texture.  You can of course, swap out any of them for any other texure you want, but there's no need in this particular case, since your goal is for the avatar to be completely transparent.  So, just hit Save, and you're done.

Thanks I'm half way there now. ok so I have alpha mask now and I am invisible. But when I wear the simple bot mesh it does not act like a avatar. It has a rig to it an all so I figured how do I get it so it becomes an avatar I am wearing. All I am able to do is attach it like a body part or center it on me. That's where I'm stuck now lol!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.