how do i change land to winter look on my parcel @ Barbados (204, 186, 28),

Mistierose Somerset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

As the owner of just a parcel, and not a whole sim, your options are limited.

Only the sim owner can change terrain textures, and then only affecting the whole sim at once. There is no parcel-level terrain texturing.

You could cover your terrain with prims, textured to look like snow. A few of the shops that sell full-perm sculpts make sculpt textures explicitly for that purpose, so the sculpted prim made with them has an undulating surface like snow on the ground. Texture shops sell textures that look like frozen water, if you have water in your parcel that you want to cover with an ice prim.

You could use a particle-based weather system to make low-level clouds and falling snow, and snow that 'sticks' on the ground. But be warned that particle snow can't tell prims are there, so it falls right through roof tops and into the rooms of a home, if falling above the home. Weather systems can vbe found in Search and on SL Marketplace.

Second item first.  Create a group, add your partner, and then deed your land to the group.  That way the group owns the land.   As to making a winter look, you cannot change the texture of the land at the parcel level.  It can only be done at the sim level.  However, you can use large prims to cover the ground and set the texture to ice or snow.  Even better if you can find a scupted landscape designed just for that purpose.  I have a set of scupted sand dunes that I retexture in the winter using a snow texture and give my parcel the winter treatment. :)

--Cinn

We can teraform the land but we cannot change the texture of it. This was an abandoned piece of land that we purchased thru Linden Labs.

Also, I created our group, added partner, and deeded land to group and group does own it, but he is unable to make any changes to land and neither am I, other than changing land for hills etc ..

And I want to add him to the option for making payments on the land too if possible

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.