Pandora

Lynn Shiu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After watching Avatar, I really hoped I could someday visit a place like Pandora, and I'm certainly not the only one who did. I thought I'd never be able to see such a place, still full of nature and wilderness.
However, Second Life made it possible.

Snapshot_547.png

Your Pandora tour starts here, in a safe shed. Over here, you don't have the risk of being attacked. 
What, attacked? Yes, that's right. This is a roleplay sim, which means there are people around here who fulfill their roles. For instance, some of them act and look like Na'vi, Pandora's original inhabitants. Please respect this and do not disturb these people. When entering this sim, you will come across something you can wear, which tells the others you don't wish to participate in roleplaying. It shows them you are non-combative, so you won't have to be on your guard for any unpleasant surprises.

Snapshot_561.png

First of all, I highly recommend setting your environmental settings to midnight.When I first opened the door (actually two doors, but that sounds less dramatic) to Pandora, I didn't really know where to look. I was amazed by everything that surrounded me. The colors, the environment, the peace. It really makes you feel like you've just landed on another planet.

Snapshot_563.png

The sim knows various landscapes. There are beaches, hills, woods and even islands in the air. One of them is actually a huge waterfall, which made me stop exploring for a while just to look at it. I tried to take a photo with me on top of it, to show you how huge it is, but I couldn't even find myself back on the picture!

Snapshot_567.png

Make sure you don't forget to look for hidden caves and holes while you're travelling. Sometimes you need to look carefully, but inside of them, you will find some breath-taking places.

Snapshot_559.png

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any couple poseballs down the sim. I did find many meditation balls. A lot of these can be found underneath the violet tree. If you've seen the movie, you probably know why. It must be a beautiful sighting to see everyone meditate...

Snapshot_554.png

~ Visit Telemaque ~

Want more SL travelling? Then please take a look at http://fromsecondlifewithlove.blogspot.com/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.