AMD Catalyst driver issues? Low framerates and stuttering.

Hesecret Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed poor performance with the past 4 months worth of AMD Catalyst drivers in SL? Up till and including 11.7 everything is fine. Nice fluid movement, decent framerates. If I install 11.8/9/10/11 the performance goes to pieces. Stuttering, 1-4FPS, screen locks etc. If I roll back to 11.7 it all works fine again. Even adjusting the graphics settings to minimal does nothing. I have just rebuilt my main PC as a part of this but have only installed 11.7 on as I was none to happy to install 11.11 etc. Am I alone in this?

Yup i too have struggled with above for over 6 months, I am currently running ATI Radeon Eyefinity 5870. But have managed to find a fix for my setup This is what i did

1. Download the latest Driver only of Graphics Card and latest version of Open CL only

2. Delete all versions of catalyst and all SL viewers and clear caches prior too deleting SL viewer and using 'remove programs', Restart Computer

3. Install Driver only of Graphics and Open CL only, Do not and I say do not install Catalyst

4. Install Viewer (Phoneix Firestorm) and insure that your Antivirus does not block any of the exe files (norton started to block on my system), give full access and reverse any quarantines

5. Log into Viewer set all graphics in the viewer to default and play around with the quality settings

Seemd to have corrected all problems for me - Stay safe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.