I can't log in any region gets to DL clothing an crashes....

Sugarblast

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Logging in and getting the message that your clothing is downloading, that others will see you normally (which is not true, BTW) is fairly common.......it happens to everyone once in a while.  You normally don't crash but you will have some problem of one nature or another until you clothing completes downloading (I usually stay as the partical cloud until my clothing downloads.........normally it completes in about 30 seconds to a minute).  Your clothing never completing, however, is a sign your cache needs to be cleared.  For your problem, since you've probably already cleared your cache using the preference option built into the viewer, do a manual clearing.  Go to the tab you use to clear your cache in the viewer (for Viewer 2 that's on the advanced tab in preferences).  Note the location of the cache for your computer (write it down or copy and paste it to some word processing program..........Word Pad works or even paste to an email (anything to let you see the entire path to the location on your computer).  Close your viewer and navigate to that location on your computer.  At the final folder in that path, manually delete everything in it.  You can reboot your computer if you like but I don't think it's necessary (however the suggestion that some people make on the reboot is valid if there's some residual memory issue with your operating system).  Once you've done that log into SL again.........and go back to one of those sims like Pooley, Smith, Aqua, or Lime (those are Linden Lab maintained sims specifically set up for issues like yours).  When you land take a few steps away from the landing point for the sim.  Then open your inventory and watch the item fetched counter.  If it started that's good......just wait.  If it hasn't started type in the search box the letters "a", "b", "c", etc. until the counter starts.  You need to wait for your inventory to load completely (you'll know when the counter stops and it says "xxxx items fetched".  The loading may start and stop a few times......that's normal.  You don't want to do anything else while waiting..don't walk around, IM, chat or attempt to change clothing.  It can take a while since you manually cleaned out your cache and everything must be reloaded (I've waited as long as about 20 or 30 minutes in the past).

When your inventory counter says it's completely loaded (that "xxxxx items fetched" message above the searh box) you can TP away to where ever it is you usually log into SL.  That should fix you if it's some corruption in your cache (which isuses like this is usually the problem).

as the last post here is really big but seems he have not read the text from you i need to say if you can not login or you crash befor you have the chance to do something, you still have to try different regions if possible, change the range to the lowest available position, the graphics to the lowest.

If that all not happen to work for you, the only chance you have is really to write a support case ticket and wait the long time for the reply, sorry to say that to you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.