HTTP Error 408 started today on previosly working scripts ?!?!?

Dashiell Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have several scripts that have been working correctly for months sending HTTP POST requests to a web server.

Today they stopped working.  I recieve a 408 error from the server which, as I understand it, means that the SL established a connection with the server, but did not send the POST request in a timely manner, so the server timed out.  (According to W3 HTTP specifications: "The client did not produce a request within the time that the server was prepared to wait").

I have tried the scripts in different regions.  They fail everywhere.  I have tested the web server outside of SL, and it reponds correctly.

As I said, the scripts have been working for months, so I do not suspect a script error (and I did reset, re-rez, etc).

Anyone else having this problem, or can shed light on it?

Thanks, Dash

This issue seems to be resolved.  After further testing with other web hosts, I narrowed the issue to my web hosting provider, GoDaddy.  They must have recieved error reports from others, since the problem was corrected mid Monday morning.  I guess the person with the fix found that on his/her To Do List when they arrived for work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.