New ver 2, at last I can see what everybody's doing!

Elderneil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I went on line last night I installed the new version and was totally confused by the new layout. However once I'd sussed where everything was I was gobsmacked to see the improved graphics. Normally in my favourite club about three nearby residents will be complete in appearance and animation while the rest are very laggy or greyed out. Last night they were all fully visible as was the light show and it made such a difference to the SL experience. I am a newbie and my SL activities have been fairly simple so far therefore I understand if the more esoteric regions of the world have possibly been slightly compromised by the new version but for me the improvement in graphics have taken my SL adventures to new heights.

Deneil (Now Urbanacious)

This isn't a new effect and has nothing to with the version or make of the viewer.They all have one thing in common, LL production and 3rd party viewers: graphics settings.

I suppose you didn't play around with advanced graphics settings before and now when installing the new viewer it was set automatically to match your computer's graphic abilities. There are many many finetuning options in the graphics tab, draw distance, atmospheric shaders, LOD, filters, whatnots and their grandmas. Go play with it and find what works best for you and your GPU.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.