PAE-Parsing Issue...

Salbar Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings everyone. I hope someone is able to help me out with rigging/mesh avis. Since I'm not "that" good with creating meshes myself, I asked someone whether I could use his mesh for testing or not. Got the permission and tried my luck with rigging it to the amature ( Using Blender by the way ). First, I tried to do it the simple way by clicking the imported nif of the mesh and then the amature. Chose "create from boneheat" but it gave me an error: Couldnt find solution for one or more bones. After several testing I tried that rigging tutorial video that has 6 parts and explains how to rig a shirt... Everything went well, the bone wheight copy etc... even the mesh followed the amature quite nicely but when I exportet it and tried to upload it to SL, I got a parsing error... dunno where that error comes from but I hope someone can help me out...

the error from the log: 2011-11-01T17:04:47Z INFO: LLModelPreview::verifyCount: Error: (expected/got)4511/4242verts

If you are using a current version of Blender (2.5 and above), go into Edit mode. Then, go Select -> Loose Verts/Edges. If you have floating vertices, it will highlight them, then you can just use the hotkey "X" and pick "vertices" to delete them.

In Blender 2.49, use "Non-manifold" under the Select menu.

Sadly, that didn't help at all. When I do "Non-manifold" the floating vertices wont be highlighted... probably because there aren't any...  Wouldn't it be a good idea when someone has the mesh and can actually look into it and tell me what I did wrong there? Just asking since that problem is kinda annoying^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.