Looking to get involved somehow.

AshtynRivers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to get involved in machinima but I'm not entirely sure where to begin.
I've always been one to pay attention to cut scenes in video games, and have always paid attention to details.
I think I would like to be an assistant to someone so if you're looking for an assistant or whatever else, please contact me. 

I have actually seen "jobs" for assistants in the classifieds, so check there and see if something turns up. I am not sure how much you will learn though, best probably to just jump in as most of us did and see what you can do.

Also, you can download FRAPS and use the free version to learn on (no money expended). Most computer systems have free movie making software either installed or available (Windows Movie Maker and iMovie). So, really you can explore with no cost.

Do check out the ning sight. Once you understand the ning system it is a good place to see what is going on and learn a little along the way. There are some good tips here:  http://slmachinimaarts.ning.com/forum/topics/machinima-lessons

And a discussion on mistakes here: http://slmachinimaarts.ning.com/forum/topics/beginning-mistakes

Folks can at times be a little rough (only some) but as artists we need to learn to take criticism as well as accolades :D.

In order to make good quality videos you need a fairly hefty system and graphics card, BUT you can LEARN without all that simply by keeping your window size small and making a few other changes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.