Half of Avi Not Loading in Viewer 3

Lola66 Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had to upgrade to viewer 3 following a computer re-format recently.  Since then, half of my avatar won't rezz fully.  I can see the shape of my pants, for example, but it's fuzzy.  Editing my appearance doesn't work.  Clearing the cache will work but only briefly (15 minutes or less).

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Or how to fix?

Thanks!

Sounds like you more than likely have multiple viewers installed on your machine.  The problem with having multiple applications sharing some of the same resource as it doesn't know which to go to for your content. Two versions of SL are rarely a problem and more are not a problem for most but in many cases, more then 2 cause cache issues.

I would suggest you uninstall every viewer, including the one you are using.  Then, when you are clean and can do a clean install, do so with the viewer you want.

What you are saying is rather common with multiple viewers installed for V3.

Thanks for the advice!  I uninstalled SL - it was only showing one version installed.  Re-downloaded / installed and I'm still having the same issue.  What's really strange is my login info was still saved, even though I had uninstalled.

Any other ideas?  I'm thinking it's not a graphics problem as I can see everyone else just fine and fully rezzed. 

Thanks for your help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.