Major screw up here

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I try to log in w V3 to upload some mesh I made, but I get a message that I need to upgrade to 3.2 something (on my Mac).

So I restart and get this black screen and I can't get out of it. I can't quit.  I finally force quit.

Try again, says the application is in the trash now. Oh really?

I search in my applications folder, no new version 3.2.

I go to download it from the website. No version 3.2 there either.

So I find the 3.2 in the trash, pull it out and start it.  It says I have to download a new version. Same process, restart, etc.

Finally get inworld.

Do you think this process might discourage new users?

Interesting that your viewer tells you that you'll need to upgrade. I, too, have a Mac and I've never had any SL viewer tell me that I needed to upgrade... and that's with the update/upgrade notification turned on to automatically update (which has never worked for me).

At this point the v3.2.x that you were alerted to is in beta so it's not the one that's on SL's download page associated with the big download button at the top. Rather, about the middle of the page, is a subheading for beta viewers, and the download for 3.2.x is in that area. Just click on the highlighted word "Mac" and you'll get the latest version.

As to the rest of your post regarding the trash can... I have no clue. Just one of those strange things I guess.

it appears you may have made a mistake I made a while back, and downloaded a beta version, which has a different channel identifier, so updates on a different schedule, and sometimes those get borked and don't point to the right next viewer (which should also be a beta)

do a wipe of the viewer and a clean install of the non-beta version

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.