rollback to a previously viewer

Coldbird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I make a rollback to a previously viewer, this update I got today, has chance the way the orbit camera around focus

works, and I don't like that, before you could just click to move now you have to hold the button down for a few seconds a then it just moves fast,  it unmanageable.

So please how do I make a rollback to a  previously viewer ?

Edit: worked it out my self.

I'd like to know how to rollback tho. The installer keeps corrupting during install for me once it hits the .dll files.  I just get a "error for opening files for writing" and retry does not work.  Tried DLing a new installer and that doesn't work.  Can anyone help me?  I can't even locate a fresh DL of the previous version!

Firstly @coldbird RE: camera orbit... I was distraught with the changes made in the 3.1 and beta 3.2 viewers as well, but I found the answer to fix the behavior here on this board: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Change-to-camera-operation-in-3-1-0-is-a-serious-problem-and/td-p/1174559

Now, to rollback. First, you need to have kept or can download again the installer for the version you want to rollback to. Once you have that, you'll need to dig into your OS and manually delete all files associated with the viewer install (maybe even a registry key removal or edit for Windows users?). I'm a Mac user so it's pretty straightforward  for us and I believe it's the same set up on a Linux box. For Windows you may need to use your favorite search engine to find the exact details on which files you'll need to trash.

Once you've cleaned out all of the files, you can reinstall your old version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.