What is Linden Labs stance on Progressive Jackpot Sims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pat Silverfall wrote:

Is "No Devil" and other games considered "legal" in SL or not? [...]

LL's official stance is that all gambling in SL is against ToS. They will not say what isn't gambling, only what is (and this is largely determined by the contracts they hold with credit card companies)

[...] If you win and are bannned from the Sim for winning, does one have recourse?

Not as such, the best you can hope to do is report them as a gambling establishment. You money and any winnings are gone and will not be recovered.

big difference between "illegal" and "against ToS"... all activities that are illegal in your jurisdiction are against ToS, even if they would normally be allowed within ToS.

for more on official ruling see:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_Regarding_Wagering_in_Second_Life

and the two linked articles at the top of that page

I still find this to be clear as mud. I have been accused of scamming a sim because i won there, because they had errors happen in their machines they claim. They requested the money back only after I contacted them about what had happened. Am I obligated to repay them for something they cant prove was an error or an exact amount of the error? And accuseing me and a couple of my friends of being scammers because of their problems is very upsetting.

You are not obligated to do anything, and Linden Labs won't settle private disputes. The most these people could do is ban you from their sim. And I guess if they wanted they could try to sue in real life, but it would probably cost them more than they would get.

And if they harass you about it, report them. File it under extortion or something.

obligated? only if you want to access that location again. their land, their rules.

odds are low that you will be reported, since it is very likely both you and the people that you have a grievance with are in violation of ToS, so it's not in their best interest to draw LL's attention to it. it's probably not in your best interest to report it either.

personally, if I were you I'd cut my losses and go somewhere else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.