Arm tattoos

Rex Ocelot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just started making clothes and tattoos using templates bought from other vendors.It seems to be fairly simple all except I can't figure out how to make a tattoo for one arm.I saw a forum from Robin Wood (a notable creator in SL) but it was dated '08 and said the only way is to texture a prim and wear it like jewlery.This is fine and easy but there has to be a way with the advancements made to use a template and make a tattoo layer instead of prim.Thanks for any help,see you in world.

Unfortunately, the SL avatar only has one arm in its data, and mirrors the texture of that one arm to form the other. It's a simple complexity cheat that Poser and similar rendering applications abandoned years ago, when they realized it made things like arm tattoo textures only on one arm impossible. The SL avatar is based on an extremely old Poser figure, and they have never updated it to a better mesh or UV mapping, because doing so would break all the existing avatars. And they also didn't write the base code for SL with a mind to the possibility of allowing more than one avatar mesh. They didn't even allow for seperate male and female meshes! The base avatar is female, and a male has morphs applied to it to get a male base shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.