My AO is detached, but is still overriding animations & other AOs I wear. What do I do?

Lisa Littlepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I hope I am posting this correctly.

The AO hud is not attached to me--don't see it and it is not listed on my current outfit. The problem is, it is still controlling my movement. When I wear another AO or no AO hud, I am still moving as if this one is attached. I can't even use my dance animations.

Here's what MAY HAVE happened---I was rushing, ugh! While building, my mouse slipped. I may have dropped the AO hud attached to me because it was detached and the links to it in my outfits were broken, but I am not certain. I cannot find the ao hud floating around or in my lost and found, but since it is so small I can't be 100% certain that I am not missing it.

I have tried:

• clearing the cache
  • relogging
  • character test
  • stop animations (works for a second or two)
  • used other viewers

I just don't know what to do next. Of course, this isn't even my everyday AO. I am uber angry at myself.

Any kind help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!:matte-motes-smile:

Thanks, LoveAngel! None of the pieces I am wearing contain an AO. Great suggestion, though! Thank you! :)

5 answers to this question

Hello Jasmine. I assume that you have already reloged. If yes, maybe the animation is not from your AO hud but from another stuff you wear, possibly shoes. Several shoes include walk animations. Remove your shoes or wear other pair and see if that helps. If it is not from shoes, detach one by one all your attachements and find which of all is the cause for your problem.

• Like 1

Hello Jasmine0Alaya,

I think I know exactly what has happened as you say you were building quite possibly you have dropped your AO somewhere on the ground near where you were building.  Hence, it would still control your movements while not being attached to you.  To test this move to another sim and see if you continue animating.  If no then go back to the where you were building, if you begin to animate again you AO is on the ground.  To locate set TRANSPARENCY TO HIGHLIGHT and it will glow RED. 

Hope this helps...

Lixena

I think I know exactly what has happened as you say you were building quite possibly you have dropped your AO somewhere on the ground near where you were building.  Hence, it would still control your movements while not being attached to you.  To test this move to another sim and see if you continue animating.  If no then go back to the where you were building, if you begin to animate again your AO is on the ground.  To locate set TRANSPARENCY TO HIGHLIGHT and it will glow RED. 

Hope this helps...

Lixena

• Like 2

Thank you SO much!! I had this happen to me right before a wedding in which I was planner, photographer AND maid of honour... I went the whole wedding not being able to be in any photos because I was being animated by an ao that didn't exist anymore according to my inventory o.O *facepalms* I wish I'd had time to search for this post BEFORE the wedding started lol Anyway, thank you so much for the info! I thought I was going crazy for a minute there o.O lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.