Trouble wearing rigged mesh

Eoul Derryth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've uploaded a mesh to the grid. I can rez the mesh and edit it as normal, and it appears exactly as I expect it to. However, when I try to wear it, my camera zooms way out in the negative Z plane and my avatar disappears. I enabled the debug console and noticed the message "LL0ctreeRoot<class LLDrawable>: :insert: !!!ELEMENT EXCEEDS RANGE OF SPATIAL PARTITION !!!" It appears that something is causing the scale of my mesh to be very large, so I rezzed it in the ground again and slid the scale down as far as it would go with the same result. Not finding any help at all for this in-world.

I'm having the same exact problem (probably). When I drop the object in-world it's rather small, when I wear it, it is extremely large. It's a rigged mesh with offset bones, created in 3dsMax 2011 (which the wiki says does not require any plugin for proper collada export. If it helps to know this: the mesh has an xform modifier on it (which the wiki also says to add, though it is unclear if one should convert to edit poly after applying it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.