Resetting password with invalid email

Pretty Babenco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys... 

My friend asked me to post this here...she cant log in to do it herself x

Stupidly I decided to change my password last night whilst I was sleepy..Apparently I did not change it to the thing I thought I did..I have tried password reset, However the account is registered to an email I had back in 2007..So I don't have access anymore, I'm still logged in to my account on my phone, but I can't change email or password..Since to do that you need your old password!.Firstly does anyone have any other ways reset this ..I seem to remember that there was once some security questions you could answer about your account but again that was a while back??

And secondly if I have to submit a ticket, does anyone know which categories I should choose from the drop down menus..As I can't seem to see the appropriate one..

Thank you kindly for reading my post...

A very silly and locked out SL member x

3 answers to this question

If you haven't had the account long or not attached to it you could open another. Or when you submit the ticket pick anything and explain that there wasn't a appropriate category for you, then tell them the problem.

Or you could call billing and tell them if they don't help you you can't pay them, That is if your a premium member. But if you are a premium member you can use live chat.

Someone will come along and give you better answers than these but that my 2 cents :)

• Like 1

Hello Pretty and welcome to SL Forums. If you know your username but have forgotten your password, go to the password recovery page. Enter your username and click "Send Instructions" to have instructions on how to create a new password sent to the email address connected to the account . You'll need to answer the security question you chose when creating your Second Life account. Be sure to check  your junk mail/spam folder. This is officially what you have to follow.

If it doesn't work and your are a basic member, i don't think that you can have support by LL to get back your old password but of course it is worth to give a try. You can also try to call depending your country the toll-free numbers They are for billing issues but several users got help this way. You never know.

If you are a premium member, use the Live Chat right now to resolve your problem quickly.

Alternatively you can send a mail to support@secondlife.com although i can't quarrantee that you will get a reply.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.