Portal 2 Anyone?

Maryanne Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hehe, little late to the game eh?

both were, and are still awesome though. if you never played the first one it's worth it to go back and get it.... the graphics are not quite as inspiring, but the puzzles can seem a bit harder as the tools are much less varied and more timing related.

if you have steam you can use co-op mode (not sure that's available easily in the standard, can't remember) which adds more than even the original's challenge modes (although those required some mind bending techniques to master, free tip, entering facing straight down or up prevents rotation in air)

I've only played the original Portal. As soon as a bunch of droids started shooting at me, I froze, got blasted to bits and gave up. It's a bleeding shame. It could have been such a great game and I really enjoyed the first levels. Why the heck did they have to turn it into a shooter and ruin it for us people without reflexes?

ETA: This is the reason that I don't play computer games anymore, except for sandbox MMOs. It's also the reason that I don't drive a car :) Even MMORPGs... they used to be so relaxing back in the day. EQ for example. Sit in the back and chat with the druid while watching the tank do his thing, and stand up every other minute to cast a healing spell. Good times. All MMORPGs that came out later were pure stress. Why does everything have to be so hectic and complicated nowadays?

Well we also got two copies of Dungeon Siege3. When you get to have companions, (level 5 or 6? of 40 I think there are), you can invoke the fights then back off and let them do all the work :P They will even pick up the gold and other stuff for you \o/ It's great fun.

Thanks for the tips Void *winx

Void Singer wrote:

I bet I can name the level you encountered problems with....  it's the "live fire course for military androids" level.... and there are solutions that don't require fast reaction times. they do however require use of lean and crouch.

Yes. 

"Due to mandatory scheduled maintenance, the appropriate chamber for this testing sequence is currently unavailable. It has been replaced with a live-fire course designed for military androids."

"The enrichment center apologizes for the inconvenience and wishes you the best of luck" 

*laughing*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.