objects turn no copy when dropped

Casindri Serevi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have been having problems with the permission system wher upon rezing in world a modify no trans item will turn into a no copy item for no reason at all. this happens mostly with vehicles and is impossible to work with because once the customisation is complete the world will not let me take a copy to save the changes and if i take the origional i am no longer allowed to copy it. this is not only a flaw but an abuse of the permissions system which prevents me from utalizing the item rights i paid for when i purchased the item

1 answer to this question

This could be an explaination:

Object Contents Examples

Permissions can also be set on items which are inside other objects. The permissions on the inside objects are picked up by the outside object. These examples will give you an idea of how they work:

Example 1

A couch maker makes a new couch with a script and animation. They don't want the next owner to change the couch. The next owner needs to be able to customize the script, but the creator doesn't want it copied or given away. The animation is a free one, so they have to allow it to be copied.

• Couch permissions: NO Modify, NO Copy, YES Resell/Transfer
  • Script permissions: YES Modify, NO Copy, NO Resell/Transfer
  • Animation permissions: YES Modify, YES Copy, YES Resell/Transfer

The container object, the couch, will take on the permissions in your inventory of all of the inner objects permissions, so it will appear as NO Modify, NO Copy, and NO Resell/Transfer until you rez it.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Permissions_FAQ#Object_Contents_Examples

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.