Debit card payment question.

MikeVa Waco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The day before yesterday (09/08/11) I entered new debit card information at this site in the normal manner.  I then entered the program and attempted to purchase lindens.  I was not allowed to do so.  I thought that the program might need some time for my information to be updated. Then yesterday I went to the SL program and attempted to purchase Lindens while in-program again.  For some reason unknown to me, I was unable to do so.  The program claimed I did not have the information available. So, yesterday I successfully purchased $6.00 US in Lindens on the web at this site.  I was informed that I would be charged an additional $0.50 for the transaction which I do not feel that I should have to pay because I tried to do my purchase in-program without success - twice.  I viewed my bank statement online this morning and found that I was charged TWO ADDITIONAL seperate charges to Linden Labs of $1.00 each.  Can you please inform me as to what these charges are and why I was charged ?

Thank you,

MikeVa Waco

mikeva@comcast.net

1 answer to this question

Hello Mikeva and welcome to SL Forums. As reported in http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Billing_FAQ

Why was I charged $1.00 on my credit card?
This is not an actual charge, but an authorization that we request from your credit card company.

Once the authorization is received, which confirms the account is valid, we then rescind the authorization.

At no time is the US$1.00 actually charged, though the authorization may appear on a credit card statement as such.

Of course it is unjustifiable that you were charged twice and only LL can give you a responsible response.

That's why depending your country call at the following numbers. They are for billing issues.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

LL 's Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.