Deformed blender mesh -to- scuplty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm very new to sculpties, and trying to create a certain shape (I don't know how to describe it - I guess tucked in corners?). I keep ended up with a deformity in the SL viewer. 

I've recreated the mesh 4 times from scratch, and each time hit a similar issue no matter how I place the subdivided loops.

Am I hitting a limitation of UV maps or sculpties? This is using Jass-2 by the way. 

Thanks.

Hi tataku.

Welcome to the mysterious world of Blender.

Not sure what the problem is with your model but it may be something to do with your copy of Blender. I d/loaded your blend file and opened it with my regular 2.49 Blender running Primstar 1.

I don't like the fact that some of the vertices in the UV Edit window are joined together - to my mind the mesh should be a regular rectangular arrangements of vertices, but that may be down to the way Primstar 2 works to map the shape you've modelled

Anyhow, I did a Sculptie Bake on it and got an image, tested it by Import as Sculptie and it came in exactly as the original. I then exported the LSL and uploaded temp to SL and it came in as your original sculpt mesh. The sculpt map I got did not have the bands of pure colour that the tga image you posted shows.

Bottom line - it worked for me using my standard process, so I'm sorry to say I'm at a loss to say exactly where you're going wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.