Where do I start???? I'm brand new...

Naucole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just started SL, I have been to a freebie shop and I have some clothes and skins, but all the terms on this help section are so new to me.

In RL I access the computer for fb and email so...all this is so new to me.

Some dude took me to an island and we layed on hammocks, went swimming, dancing. but all the controls were mesing up. I would click on some bubble and a box popped up with things laike laydown and swing, and some other things i didnt understand.

I finally met some other guy (really super sweet) who walked me thorugh changing my apperance. I now more resemble myself in RL. which I like better.

but where do I start reding about all the controls and actions. I got the basics like walking and flying down pat..

Thanks,

nichole

3 answers to this question

I learned much by taking classes. In search then events/education you will find listings of what is available every day.  There used to be new resident classes held pretty often but I also learned by just taking random things like building, photography etc.  I learn best by having a task and needing to figure out where how to accomplish it topic specific classes were great for that.

If you get stuck with a specific just keep posting here and everyone will be happy to offer up their experience

Welcome to the world!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.