Enter only with payment info?

Daemonika Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all,

for several days we discussed the topic at SLinfo  http://www.slinfo.de/vb_forum/allgemeine-diskussionen-zu-secondlife/78491-shop-zugang-payment-info-wtf.html , payment info to enter the region / parcel for commercial locations.

In my opinion this is a stupid idea, because it blocks out too many well-meaning customers without PIOF.

During the discussion, I came up with the idea to create a JIRA proposal  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7199 , which shows that there is a better way to protect yourself against griefers, without which you banished all the same. My suggestion means that you can adjust the rez as a land option for the building rights. Anyone can still visit the location but not everyone can rez.

if you like and understand my JIRA proposal vote for it. thanks

greetings

Dae

I've restricted access to people with payment info in the past. It definitely did cut down on griefing. I also had rezzing enabled back then, and before I blocked NPioFs from entering, I had several grey goo attacks, megaprims being rezzed in my shop, caging and other attacks against visitors, transparent prims that covered my vendors, and so on.

Nowadays, I've simply disabled rezzing. It's sad that everyone has to be punished for the bad behavior of a select few. Btw, when I let everyone in, my revenue didn't increase by much. I had a lot more traffic, but only about 105-110% of my previous revenue. I think the NPioF accounts who have money to spend are, for the most part, alt accounts of residents with payment information.

Anyway, I like the idea of having different land permissions for different account status types. Voted :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.