Can I pay tiers for my sim on my dashboard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Tier paid to Linden Lab is taken first from any US$ balance you may have, and then from the credit card you have on file. So as long as your credit card isn't over-limit, you don't do anything to pay your tier. They just take the money from the already-designated sources.

You can change the credit card info (if your card expired, or the one on file is over-limit and you need to have them charge a different one) by using this website and doing it before your rent comes due.

Change billing info here: https://secondlife.com/my/account/billing.php?lang=en-US

If you have L$ in-world sufficent to cover the rent bill, you can sell them and leave the funds in your US$ balance, and tier will be deducted from that first.

Sell L$ here: https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/sell.php

Rent paid to someone in-world via a rental payment system or by paying money directly to them in L$ in-world can only be paid by logging in to SL and making the payment in-world. There is no way to send money to someone else without logging in and going in-world in some manner. (For example, if you're renting a homestead sim from someone in-world, you pay them, and they end up paying Linden Lab). Your best bet in this case is to find somewhere that you CAN log in from, and contact the landlord to explain the situation. Maybe you can work something out with them. Many landlords have a way to pay them via a website, such as accepting PayPal payments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.