Clothes Plaid/Checked textures questions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i've been trying to design my own clothing but i seem to encounter a small problem. I try to apply a plaid texture on my photoshop file , it looks fine in photoshop but when i try to apply the whole texture on the model, the plaid lines looks distorted. ! I've tried 3D in photoshop but the lines keep being bended and distorted toward the sides. Please help me if u find any good tutorials out there about this problem :) ! Thankyou I would appreciate it :)

I put the plaid texture on the template, set its transparency to about 50% so I can see the template through the texture, line up the vertical lines of the plaid along the lines of the template and distort them that way using a warp filter.

plaidshirt1.jpg

I know it's an old-fashined way. :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

• Like 2

It is more of a problem with us women. Particularly those who are "chesty". (not me). The boobs can really cause distortion on the sides. Most of the tops I make do not have patterns at that level. I use solid colors. However, I add designs, particularly floral patterns, on tops below the boobs and on skirts. That was the distortion doesn't happen that much.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.