My SL sticks on VFS even though I cleaned the cache manually. I updated my Windows to 7 ultimate.

Faustus Flux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have done a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate on my machine, than tried to download SL. It was sticking at initializing VFS. I tried manually clearing the cache. And made sure I rebooted before try to start SL again. I have downloaded the latest drivers from ATI. I then updated to Windows 7 Ultimate. The same thing Keeps happening. I then tried Phoenix viewer, a third party one. It still locks up my computer at the same point. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I want my SL back. :P

Please read the entire post before you submit an answer. Thanks

Yes, it's that kind of locked up. The only thing that is still running is the hard drive is still doing something. As you said, I can't move the cursor, and can't enter task manager. I have no control over my machine aside from pushing the reset button. However, I haven't waited thirty minutes. I haven't waited more than 10 actually.

1 answer to this question

I read your post in it's entirety. I don't have a solution to offer that I can guarantee will be the answer. I can offer a suggestion, try to wait as long as possible for the Intializing VFS to complete (30 minutes). When you say the machine "locks up"; what is your computer doing or not doing for you to determine that it is locked up?

When I declare that my pc locked up, I mean that my mouse cursor won't show, I cannot open my task manager or any other program, pressing an holding the power button is the only way to shut the machine down. That kind of "locked up"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.