This is a problem....Please help.

rinzlertron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My wife here on SL has been having this problum for a while now, and seems to be at night when it happens. When she changes (Avatars, Clothes, ect) she can see them, but i can, and anybody else. She puts money in this, and this happens all the time when we need to be somewhere. She has tried everything that we found here to help this issue but no luck at all. Is there anything else that can be done? Its getting very annoying.

Thanks.

Hi! It means you have to delete your cache files in your computer system.

Clearing the Cache from Outside Second Life

If you are confident in doing so, you can also clear the cache manually. With Second Life closed, go to the appropriate pathway and delete all the files inside the "cache" folder. Get more help on where to find these.

• Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SecondLife\cache
    • Alternatively, use environment variable %APPDATA% to shorten this path to: %APPDATA%/SecondLife/cache
  • Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\cache
  • Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\browser_profile\Cache
  • Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SecondLife\ (Viewer version 1.23.5 (136262))
  • Mac - /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/SecondLife
  • Linux - ~/.secondlife/cache

really? I have never heard of that one before I will have to try that next time LOL

If all else fails you can always go to one of the test characters and rebuild your avatar from there. ( With that however, it does help to have a good stock of outfits saved so that you can easily change back from the test character lol )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.