Are You Crashing A Lot? Try This.

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you crashing a lot or freezing while on SL?

If you are, try this:

Go to ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS - DISK CLEANUP and chose run.

Since I did that I no longer have had any crashes nor freezes on SL at all, plus log out is so much faster.

It worked for me, it might work for you also.

I have Windows XP, and the above is the path to follow for disk cleanup.  If you have another version of Windows you could search the internet or your user's manual to find where your disk cleanup is.  It's improved my SL usability phenomenally, with no more crashes nor freezes, plus log out is just terrific and so much faster. 

Yes, I haven't run the defragmenter yet, but it follows the same path:  ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS - DEFRAGMENTER on Windows XP that is.  From what I've read on the internet, Windows 7 has an automatic defragmenter in it; not too sure if that was 100% correct about Windows 7 tho, as I don't have Windows 7 currently.

I'm thinking of running the defragmenter also, but from what I've read, it's best to defragment your computer overnight as it takes a long time.

The disk cleanup if I remember correctly didn't take much longer than a half an hour.  And I haven't had one crash or freeze, log out is super fast too. 

I'm thinking of cleaning dust out of fan and defragging before mesh rolls out.  Couldn't hurt. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.