Voice chat not working at all on new laptop help?

FaFa Silent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well I own a toshiba satellite and it is windows 7. Any viewer I use voice isn't working and I'm trying everything to get it going. I can't hear people talk to me and I can't talk to them, I can't even see the little white dot over people's head. People tell me they can't even see the white dot over my avatar's head either. It's getting so fustrating and I am trying my best to find a way to get this going. I can voice on everything else except Secondlife which is ridiculous. My old laptop I could voice on secondlife with no problems at all, it was a Sony windows XP and now I am assuming that some laptops with Windows 7 doesn't work so well with voicing on secondlife. I suppose it's a technical thing secondlife needs to improve? If anyone knows please give me an answer.

5 answers to this question

I use Win7, too, and have no problems with voice in SL.  Since you can voice using other applications, it is not your audio on the system itself.  While you say that you have tried your best, you do not say what you have tried.

Make sure that you click Device Settings in Preferences > Voice Chat (in Phoenix).  You should see the bar light up in green if your mic is working in SL.  Also, make sure you are in a voice-enabled area if you voice in local.  You can also go to your toolbar in Win and make sure that SL is turned up on your Mixer.

• Like 1

Venus Petrov I have done all of that. Everything that is shown as a solution on secondlife wiki I have tried and done. Maybe I am missing something and I hope I am so I won't have to go back to using my old laptop. SL is turned up on my mixer and I know that isn't the problem because the voice button Isn't even highlighted on any of my viewers and the little white dot over everyone's head is "not" there. I went to advanced settings and to debugged settings to reset everything and nothing for me is working. I turned off my firewall to see if that is the problem and still nothing. Like I said before maybe some laptops wth windows 7 don't work well with voice chat on SL and it might be a technical issue only LL can fix because I see I am not the only one with Windows 7 and is having the same issue.

So, when you look at the Device settings, you see no green bar lighting up at all. Have you tried to click the 'reset voice' button at the top of the Voice Chat window in Preferences? That has worked for me when I have gone from no voice enabled to voice enabled.

• Like 1

Exactly, I see no green, I see no white dot over people's head, I have voice enabled checked, I even had 'reset voice' yet nothing, so I give up. Maybe one day it'll magically start working for me. Thank you very much for your time Venus, I'm sorry I wasted it for you. I'm glad at least you attempted to help me out. Much love to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.