Any free shop , vendor , house ???? New here .... Need to settle and get L$$$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While Second Life is free to "play" and you can find a large amount of freebies on the Marketplace, living space and shop space have to be paid for. You can buy L$ on the LindeX by using the "Buy L$" link on your account page. Unless you live outside of the USA, you can also purchase L$ directly in your SL viewer. Alternatively, you can visit one of the third party L$ exchange sites that are listed on the SL Wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

zack8686 Yuhara wrote:

just try out something , like selling designs , constructing , scripting ... Maybe starting with a temporary based selling place , i'll rent or buy land later on after getting stable interactive with others..............hahahah

you don't exactly inspire me to spend money on you :smileyindifferent:

What you think of as 'free' in Sl really means 'somebody else paid for and not me.'

- At the very least, every texture upload costs $10L. Which is 3.8-cents. Cheap, but not free. The place its sold at though is costing someone money on a regular basis, and any given object is likely to have more than one texture, plus an assortment of other things the person had to pay for to get to the point where they could build that.

- Plus time and energy, often discounted as trivial but real nonetheless.

A location for a shop, vendor, or house has a cost more in dollars rather than cents. I'm paying about US$50/month for mine.

What motive would someone have, who's paying that bill, to hand it over to someone else?

There is a lot of altruism in Second Life and I myself have a lot of freebies. But it only goes so far - and usually comes with a motive. The motive of "make you money at my expense" doesn't tend to be the usual one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.