Media_Plugin_Webkit Fail Message

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I've already read many thread on this and have quicktime installed.  Before quicktime was installed, SL worked fine but would randomly get this media_plugin_webkit failed message; not all the time, just randomly.  After installing quicktime, I still get the random media_plugin_webkit failed message.  It just happens at random, until I thought it might possibly be coming from one particular Dj?  And I was like hmmmmmmm? is the media_plugin_webkit failing because our IP is trying to plugin into anothers IP address to hear their stream?  So, can it be on their end, wherein our IP is trying to connect to their IP to hear their music stream, and then it fails? 

Anyone have any idea how and/or what the plugin is actually plugging in to to hear a live music stream, usually run from someone's home.   Is it trying to connect to another IP address to hear live stream?

Any helpful insight about this mystery would be appreciated. 

And no I don't want to uninstall/reinstall anything because at this time because SL media plugin works about 80% of the time, so I'm okay with it...  I'm just curious about why randomly it fails?  Can it be because of another's IP?  Is that possible, or impossible? 

ETA:  This may or may not sound like a strange question.  But the reason I am asking is because I got the media_plugin_webkit failure message with one Dj twice, but NO ONE else recently, just that one Dj twice.  So I'm wondering what's going on and/or why that Dj?  It's strange, but true.  It could be a coincidence, BUT I've had no other media_plugin_webkit failures recently except with that on Dj where it happened twice.  Weird mystery huh? 

This is also the message I get when I start up Viewer2. I close the box out and when I click log in, it acts like it's going to log me in but it doesn't and then that message pops up again with a login failure message. I don't get that message on the regular linden viewer. What could be causing this and how do I fix it so I can see what all the cool kids see? LOL

Oh no, your's sounds way worse than me!  You might need a ticket Rosey to help figure that one out. 

I'm wondering if there is any rhyme or reason for the plug-in failures... or are they just going to happen randomly?  Because I have two failure messages generating from the same place. 

I was also wondering if my Spyware perceives a threat of a virus and possibly is trying to block something, and then fail?

But what I'd like to know with that one particular failure message twice from the same place was that a coincidence or no coincidence?   Do you think these failures are random, or could there be a reason? 

ETA:  Well, there is obviously a reason, but what reason?  Anyone have any clue as to what causes the plugin failure? 

i have the same problem...the sl viewer starts and then i try to look in...it acts as if it works an boom the message pops up...i have this problem since this new viewer 2.7.2....it relly pisses me off-.-

what can id do? did somebody could fix the problem?

• 4 weeks later...

media_plugin_webkit failure is driving me insane, and taking the joy out of SL.  WTF fix this please!  Ive turned off Norton antivirus firewall blah blah, and that doesnt affec the mpwfailure.  Adjusted slplugin to be compatible with Windows95, and thats not it either.  Ever since the new viewer update, I get this stupid media_plugin_webkit failure.  OMG get this straight please! 

I get this message as soon as I log in.  Nothing web-related in the viewer works, period.  I have installed quicktime, flash, java, enabled everything.  I even set slplugin.exe to windows 95 compatability mode.  This flat does not work.

Why is this a recurring problem with the linden viewer?  When will it be fixed?

Right now I can't do anything until this is fixed.

Ugh, I am having the same problem.

I use Norton but have disabled it and that did not help.
I'm on Windows 7 64 bit but the SL website says it's fully compatible with 64 bit.

This error is causing me to not be able to really play at all.
If anyone finds a fix, please let us know!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm having the same problem :(

I'm a premium member and contacted SL live chat support. They told me they couldnt solve it and to make a ticket.

I made a ticket and they said they know about the bug but can't help and closed the ticket.

Very poor.

I've tried:

I've updated flash player.

I've updated quick time.

I've updated all drivers

I've install all Windows updates.

I've unsinstalled and reinstall the latest and old versions of SL.

I've cleaned system appdata and reinstalled.

I've tried setting slplugin.exe to Win 95 mode.

I've added rules to firewall to allow all sl and slplugin

I've added rules to av to allow all sl and slplugin

I've disabled firewall I've disabled anti virus I do not use killernic network card.

I've uninstalled my anti virus program.

I've updated IE and FF.

I can view media no problem outside of SL.

• 1 year later...

I solved the problems :matte-motes-big-grin: Download one of the project viewers. Apparently SL has multiple viewers that you can use. I downloaded the SL Project Merchant Outbox viewer, and the message doesn't pop up anymore. Everything loads faster and I can see the homepage again too :smileyvery-happy:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.